"Accept as if you had chosen it… This will miraculously change your life."
Acceptance is having the faith, despite the circumstances, that all is well.
Real people make mistakes.
Happy people accept that.
"Accepting does not mean giving up… it is the realization that some things cannot happen now."
Worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want.
We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason.
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn how to surf."
"Sometimes accepting help is a lot harder than offering it."
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You see fully what you have to work with and decide to make it work. You feel momentum for the work ahead.
- "Not exactly what I wanted, but it is our starting point."
- "We have some work to do."
- "It could be a lot worse."
- "This is just fine as it is."
- "Not perfect, but it will do just fine."
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- You want to work with the truth of what is, not what you think should be.
- You are willing to work with what is in front of you as-is.
- Your reaction to the gap between the way that would be ideal and the way things are is to engage and move forward.
- You may not love it but you are going to work with it.
- You know that nothing can be done to change what has happened or what is before you.
- You are NOT resigned; you see a future.
- True acceptance sounds easy. The challenge is to still your sense of urgency and not to want to change things immediately.
- If you experience resistance, you are probably using force.
- Assuming positive intention begins with acceptance.
- The glass is neither half full nor half empty, it's just a glass with liquid.
RESOLVE BALANCE YOUR STRENGTHS
- Let people know you see the total picture of them and that you want to work with them.
- Be the role model of acceptance. When they put themselves down, follow it with a positive that you authentically see
- Bring the goals into focus along with an action plan.
- Listen to your internal commentary and transform judgements into encouragements
- For every judgement, think of an appreciation.
- Bring in a sense of humor.
- Get creative with how you will more forward.
- Keep a forward momentum without being pushy
- Keep your eyes on the big picture of where you are going and appreciate the journey.