"You will become as small as your controlling desire and as great as your dominate Aspiration."
"I would like you to be more self-reliant, show more initiative, and take greater personal responsibility - but check with me first."
The anal-retentive act of a pompous manager with a godlike complex, who must have control & say over every move their employees make.
People suffer because they want to control others when they can barely control themselves.
He who angers you controls you.
If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote.
As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I am totally flexible.
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You are unsettled by what and how someone might do things.
- "Do it my way, otherwise you'll waste time and money."
- "Obviously I know the right way to do this."
- "Run your plan by me before taking action."
- "We have tried that before and it won't work."
- "Save your good ideas for another project."
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- You don't trust that someone can do it better or as good as you can.
- You are convinced that you know the best way to do something.
- You excuse your taking over by telling yourself that you don't have time to teach the person.
- You consistently devalue others' abilities and inflate yours.
- You think you are indispensable - the world/project will fall apart without you and you want to keep it that way.
- You are blind to how you are extinguishing creativity and innovation.
- You are afraid that someone will outshine you.
- You think you will be left behind.
RESOLVE TO MOVE FORWARD
- Acknowledge each person's strengths and emphasize your confidence in them.
- Think about how you can empower them with your knowledge and abilities.
- Teach them how to think/view/operate rather than take over.
- Create risks for others to take where they can be successful.
- Face your fear of being insignificant; acknowledge value you bring to others.
- Commit to make the others truly successful in what they do.
- Take a breath and let go for a minute; realize that you are not losing anything.
- Let them shine. Lead from behind.