"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist."
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant."
Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination."
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You are delighted with a blank canvas. You enjoy molding a nothing into something.
- "Amazing how many ways you can look at this idea."
- "If I was starting from scratch, what would this look like?"
- "What if we had never thought of this idea, what would we come up with?"
- "OK, we can't use anything we have used before, let's see what we come up with."
- "Let's look at this idea from the future back to now and see what it looks like."
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- Novelty and new delight you.
- You have confidence when your mind is blank. You can wait for ideas to emerge.
- You have figured out your formula for creativity.
- You enjoy change for change's sake.
- You see sounds and hear colors.
- You are fascinated with the boundaries and edges of things and ideas and how to go beyond those boundaries.
- You enjoy solving impossible situations.
RESOLVE BALANCE YOUR STRENGTHS
- Optimize your environment including the place and people. Make it how you want it to be most creative.
- Give yourself time to incubate your ideas.
- Get to know your rhythm of creativity - you may need to lock yourself away for days at a time, etc... Fine-tune yourself.
- Once your creation has been formed, appreciate it, then if appropriate, describe the context and background that supports it.
- Mentor and coach others to be creative. Create creative environments for others.
- When it makes sense, look for how your ideas add value. Your creation is new; where does it take us? What is the "so what" of how your creation adds to what exists?