"I love you."
"Please stop, sir, I am not giving you a discount."
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
It's like the layers of an onion, the more you peel them away, the more you feel like crying.
The meeting has been cancelled; we can't locate the hidden agenda.
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You feel powerless to be direct. Your power is in being sneaky and covert.
- "I will just work around you and you will never know."
- "Let me tell you some gossip about _____."
- "If you knew what I was up to, you would be angry."
- "You are an idiot but I will never tell you."
- "I will take this up with your boss behind your back."
- "I will tell you what you want to hear but not the truth."
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- You avoid conflict , afraid you will lose the argument; you sneak around trying to get an edge up on others.
- Either way you feel like the underdog and that you have to sneak around or that someone has an edge on you that they are keeping secret.
- You are certain someone is taking advantage of you.
- You don't believe you can make it by being open and honest.
- You are not taking full responsibility for your life.
- You're devaluing yourself because you don't want to risk rejection or ridicule.
RESOLVE TO MOVE FORWARD
- Do not hide. Reveal your goals/plan/agenda in an open and honest way and ask for support from others toward your goals.
- Establish a deeper level of confidence so that you can speak what you want clearly and directly.
- Be willing to engage and resolve conflict rather than hide out.
- Let go of secrets.
- Talk to people. Ask people about their agenda, intentions and outcomes from a place of curiosity rather than suspicion.