"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious."
"When humor goes, there goes civilization."
"Humor is just another defense against the universe."
"One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you."
"A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing."
"Comedy... is society protecting itself - with a smile"
J. B. Priestley
"Humor is by far the most significant activity of the human brain."
Edward de Bono
"If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at someone else."
Sage Experience Samurai
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You are buoyant and present. You find yourself amused at what is seeming mundane.
- "That was too funny."
- "I haven't laughed that hard in a long time."
- "Everybody was thinking it, but he said it."
- "My belly hurts from laughing."
- "That was a little twisted but very funny."
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- You win by naturally finding humor in a situation.
- Humor is reason gone mad.
- You have a deep appreciation for the irony in life or a situation and can verbalize irony.
- You are able to spontaneously verbalize your perception of reality in a way that amuses you.
- You have a combination of surprise and creativity that creates energy flow and lightness.
- You see a unique perspective and communicate lightheartedly to bring and shift awareness to others.
RESOLVE TO MOVE FORWARD
- Humor is not for everyone. It is for those who want to have fun, enjoy life and feel alive. Invite people to humor rather than force it on them.
- Stay present - humor happens in the moment.
- Don't try to be funny - there's nothing worse than somebody who is trying to be funny.
- Look at the big picture and the finished product which will put this moment into perspective.
- Create the journey of achieving goals a fun one.
- Turn sarcasm into self-deprecating humor.