Hot, sexy, smart!
Everything you're not!
"Of course I can insult you. We're family."
"I knew it!!! Your spine can't hurt because you don't have a backbone!"
I'm sorry, dear, in order for you to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Nice try though.
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You are offended by what was said or what was put in front of you. You hold others in contempt.
- "Who do you think you are?"
- "You are such an idiot."
- "You expect me to work here?"
- "That's not my job. I don't get paid to do that task."
- "He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer."
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- Insults are in the ear of the beholder.
- Being insulted tells you about how you really think about yourself.
- You think you are above what is being told to you but part of you already gave agreement to it.
- You are giving agreement to the negative comment the person said about you, then rejecting it and blaming them.
- Your arrogance closes you off from receiving any new information about yourself, and you are defensive rather than willing to listen and possibly grow.
- You think you are better than others.
RESOLVE TO MOVE FORWARD
- Notice that you are giving power to that person's opinion of you - on some level you agreed with what that person said. Otherwise you would not have felt it that way.
- Where are you giving agreement to what was said? What does that mean about your view of yourself? How can you own your own opinion of yourself? How can you grow, change, develop your self-image to be more self-confident?
- Ask the person specifically what they meant by that comment to see if they were speaking about you in particular, and if so ask them what they noticed that gave them that impression. If it was something you said or did, listen to what they have to say. That is information where you have the choice to do with it what you want.
- Notice the opportunity to let that person have their opinion without having to defend yourself.
- Let the comment tickle you into laughing at yourself. If you can't make fun of yourself you are taking life too seriously.