"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Don't believe everything you think.
Be mindful even if your mind is full.
Takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair.
"One's action ought to come out of an achieved stillness: not to be mere rushing on."
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You are calmly detached but attentive to what is going on around you.
- "Let's step back for a moment and look at how we are approaching this."
- "I see a recurring pattern in the types of solutions you have been implementing."
- "What is the difference between how you are thinking about this situation and how you feel about it?"
- "What are the 3 key things you pay attention to when talking with and listening to someone?"
- "What are the similarities and differences between the last 3 projects you have worked on?"
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- You always see and seek a bigger picture. You see the past, present and future from a neutral vantage point.
- You do not identify with your thoughts but more noticing the patterns of thinking.
- You are aware of the interplay between different elements, whether they are inter-psychic or intra-psychic.
- You see the developmental pathways for the people you work with.
- You see the causal relationship between perception and emotion and see how people's mental, communication and emotional patterns link together.
- You to listen deeply and hear what is said and what is not said.
- You naturally pause before you speak and carefully consider what you say.
RESOLVE BALANCE YOUR STRENGTHS
- Take time to still your mind every day.
- Pause and check in to ensure you are in balance.
- Notice when your emotions are activated and the thoughts that are stimulating your emotions.
- Take your time to get to know the people you are working with to understand their values, personality features and communication patterns.
- Assist people to step back from themselves and to become more aware of themselves and their automatic reactions to people and situations.
- Mindful does not mean actionless. Keep focused on your goals and making forward motion AND be aware.