"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life."
"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
True leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders.
The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything
You can't become what you want to be by remaining what you are.
You are free to make whatever choices you want, but you are not free of the consequences of your choices.
Surround yourself with individuals who are already where you want to be. Iron sharpens iron.
RECOGNIZE YOUR THOUGHTS, FEELINGS & ENERGY
You honor the people that have come to you as a mentor.
- "What have you learned about how you approach your work from the last three projects you were on?"
- "How do you think you will evolve and change over the next 5 years?"
- "I see and feel beneath the surface of things to understand what the deeper nature is."
- "What is important to me in working with you goes beyond your current position and beyond your career at a specific company."
- "What are you learning from your pain?"
REALIZE WHAT IS DRIVING YOUR MINDSET
- You are deeply committed to the development of the person.
- You sit in a place of looking for patterns of success and patterns that limit.
- You help a person make the choices that will facilitate their growth.
- You are focused on developing a person's knowledge and expertise.
- You do not avoid any situation or pain but rather look for the learning that can come out of it.
- You see their patterns and ask questions that will lead them to discover more about themselves.
- You reveal to people how they are thinking and how they can think differently to evolve themselves.
- You promote their success, not your own.
RESOLVE BALANCE YOUR STRENGTHS
- Align yourself with their vision and values.
- Look for how their long-term development (your primary objective) will benefit their current performance.
- Continually help shift them out of the weeds to a bigger picture of themselves.